With fall here and winter approaching, many think that there’s less need now for home window tinting in order to reduce heat, UV rays and interior glare from the sun. Wrong! Fall is actually the perfect time to install window tinting for a number of reasons:
· While summertime is obviously the time of year when the sunlight and heat are the most intense, the change in the sun’s angle in the fall and winter can cause the same problems if you’re not proactive.
· During the fall and winter, the sun comes from the southern direction. This angle can provide at least some of your rooms with a much larger than usual amount of daily sun exposure. Although this increased sunlight can be a positive in terms of brightening and even warming those rooms, too much sunlight will present the same issues that intense summer sunlight can cause – including fading of interior furnishings, plus an increased danger of skin cancer due to harmful UV rays.
· Along the same lines, southern sun creates more interior glare, in addition to temperature imbalance due to the southern exposure. Home window tinting eliminates glare and helps to provide balanced temperatures throughout your home.
· As in the summer, improperly sealed windows will cause energy loss and higher utility bills in the fall and winter. Home window tinting helps to reduce your energy bills all year long!
· Simply keeping your blinds closed during periods of direct southern sunlight may eliminate some issues, but it will also cause more dependency on indoor lighting, in turn increasing your energy bills. Blinds will also obstruct your view outside. The cold and dreary winter days can be hard enough for those with cabin fever. Home window tinting that allows sunlight in will brighten your home and your mood!
· Having natural light come in – as opposed to leaving your interior lights on – will also help regulate your body chemistry during the winter months.
Call Home Window Tinting today!
Before the cold weather and harsh southern sun hit this year, call your friends at Home Window Tinting to see how we can help you prepare your home and take advantage of all the benefits of home window tinting. Serving the Metroplex since 1989, our personalized service before, during and after your installation is second to none.
Your satisfaction is our top priority at Home Window Tinting! Contact us today!